Raw Dessert workshop
by Sam Shem
Saturdays 2-5pm – $65
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VIRGINIA on May 5, 2018
JACKSONVILLE BEACH, FLORIDA on May 12, 2018
BOSTON, MA on May 19 2018
NEW YORK, NY on May 26, 2018
In this workshop, we will be making (and eating!) some quick and easy raw desserts: raw cheesecake, raw coconut cream pie, raw chocolate brownie/chocolate tofu tart, chia seed pudding and some sauces and garnishes to accompany and embellish. Using simple ingredients and equipment and straightforward techniques, you will learn how to make delicious and healthy desserts that everyone will love.
Sam Shem is a Canadian chef and yoga practitioner. He has been a professional pastry chef for fifteen years and has worked in established bakeries, fine dining restaurants, and hotels. Since 2010, Sam has been Saraswathi’s student. He is known and loved for cooking vegetarian food and making raw and vegan desserts for students in Mysore, India with his popular weekly “Saturday Sweets” events.
Sam teaches food and dessert workshops in both Canada and abroad. His love for food and his passion for teaching is clear in technique and knowledge of food.
Here are a few reasons we think raw desserts are a great choice!
- Raw desserts often feature a short list of whole, unprocessed ingredients like nuts, seeds, and dried fruit.
- They get their sweetness from dried fruit, raw agave nectar, and other natural sweeteners. No refined or artificial sweeteners here!
- They are no-bake! Great for the warmth of spring or summer, and also for energy conservation! You can avoid cranking up the oven to 350 when making a raw dessert.
- In addition to being incredibly tasty, raw desserts can also be some of the healthiest and most planet-friendly options.
- Most raw desserts are gluten-free and vegan!